Saturday, July 21, 2007

Breast Cancer Survivor Luncheon



My sister and I attended a luncheon for breast cancer survivors on Wednesday, July 11 at Echman Meadows, Tami Longagerger's home. It was nice. Dr. Bob (Dr Robert Smith) was there from the American Cancer Society and he spoke. Very interesting! Longaberger has given $14 million to breast cancer research in the last 13 years!! We were privileged to be invited to this special luncheon!! There were women from all over the United States there. I think the farthest was from California. There were women at our table from West Virginia and Maryland.
(The picture is of my sister, Lisa, Tami Longaberger and I)


On a different note...last weekend I started having discomfort under my arm from radiation. Starting on Sunday, the skin started breaking open. When I went to radiation on Monday, the doctor decided not to radiate that area and decided instead to do the boost, which is usually done the last 5 days. The boost is where they radiate the tumor bed or in my case where the tumor bed would have been. Well, they did the boost on Monday and Tuesday. When I went to radiation on Wednesday, I was changing in to my gown and I must have pulled my arm to much. I was having extreme pain. When I got into the radiation area, the tech told me that my arm was bleeding. To make a long story short, they had me see the Doctor and he decided not to radiate at all until Monday. So, I am off of work until then. I had to call off last Monday night d/t my pain and the open area under my arm and then had to call off for Friday days and Saturday and Sunday nights. That way my arm will have a chance to heal. I am not having as much pain as I was when this all started. But, I am having some pain and discomfort!!! Ten more treatments to go!! THIS TOO SHALL END!!

We are going to try to go see "Sounds of Praise" from UBC. Scott's brother sings in that group and they are going to be down in Amish Country tonight.

No comments: